Cembrit Jutland Slates: 60cm x 60cm
Cembrit Jutland Fibre Cement Roofing Slates (60cm x 60cm) are a first-class example of a modern smooth faced, square edged fibre-cement slate. Pre-drilled and easy to fit, they come in a long lasting and attractive dark blue-black finish. All Cembrit Jutland fibre cement slates offer a 60+ year life expectancy with a significant cost advantage over traditional slate.
Slates are fixed using standard copper nails and disk rivets (as outlined in the industry codes of practice, BS 5534 and BS 8000). Cembrit’s Jutland fibre cement slate can be easily cut to size using traditional scribing and straight-edge breaking techniques. Additional holes can be drilled as required, using a standard, 4.5mm bit. The job can be handled by any competent roofer or skilled DIY'er without the need for special training or equipment.
Jutland fibre cement slate is manufactured from a blend of Portland cement and mixed fibres. The manufacturing process is UKAS certified to BS EN ISO 9001. These asbestos-free, man-made slates meet all of the requirements of BS EN 492.
The slates and their manufacturing processes have impressive environmental credentials. This high-performance, pitched roof tiling is BRE listed, with the potential to achieve an A+ environmental assessment rating.
Features & benefits:
- Attractive, smooth face and square edges. Ideal for those seeking a contemporary finish.
- Significantly less costly than traditional roofing slate.
- Pre-drilled, easy to install & lightweight, requiring no additional training or special handling.
- Life expectancy of 60+ years.
- Made from a long lasting blend of Portland cement with cellulose & synthetic fibres.
- Durable, semi-matt, acrylic coated face – high-performance binder on the back.
- Product Code: 11603011307.
- Manufacturer: Cembrit.
- Cembrit Jutland Product Guide.
- Sizes: 60 x 60cm (a 60 x 30cm slate is also available).
- Colour: Dark blue-black.
- Weight kg/sq.m: 19.61 (60 x 30cm).
- Complies with BS EN 492.
- BBA Certificate No. 03/4041.
- Coverage: 14 slates / m2.
- Minimum roof pitch as low as 20°.
- Fibre Cement Datasheet.
As with all fibre cement slates, manufacturers recommend the use of copper nails and copper disc rivets for fixing.
Due to the close fitting nature of fibre cement slates, in accoradance to BS5250, ventilation of the roof space is required (normally at eaves and at high level). The easiest way to achieve this is to install eaves vents and dry ridge systems.
Ashbrook Roofing offers FREE or EXPRESS delivery to United Kingdom postcodes excluding the Highlands, Islands and Ireland.
Delivery expectation for orders placed before 2.00pm are:
- Standard (FREE): 2-3 working days
- Express (£5.00): Next working day
Prior to shipment, we’ll let you know of our estimated date of delivery. Don’t worry if you have made other plans or find this inconvenient. If you can let us know a day in advance we’ll work with you to find a better alternative.
And remember, if you need help, have any concerns or if you need a delivery extra quickly, simply give our customer service team a call on 01629 828500, or email email@example.com and we'll do our very best to help.