Cembrit Moorland: 600mm x 600mm
Cembrit Moorland Fibre Cement Slates (600mm x 600mm) when you want a traditional looking slate, and your budget is strictly limited. This handsome, man-made alternative features a smooth surface finish and dressed edges, with the authentic appearance of natural roofing slate.
Any competent roofer or skilled DIY'er will find this slate easy to work, without the need for any special training or handling techniques. Each fibre cement slate is pre-drilled, ready for fixing with standard copper nails and disk rivets. The slates are cut to fit using the usual scribing and straight-edge breaking techniques.
Cembrit’s manufacturing processes are UKAS certified to the BS EN ISO 9001 and BS EN ISO 14001 standards. Moorland fibre cement slate is formulated from a blended combination of mixed fibres and Portland cement.
The slates are faced with tinted acrylic, for long-lasting, weatherproof durability. Cembrit’s fibre cement slates comply fully with BS EN 492, and also carry a BBA certificate (No. 03/4041).
This economic, pitched roof tiling solution is listed by BRE with a potential A+ environmental assessment rating.
Features & benefits:
- Smooth, traditional slate appearance with dressed (riven) edges.
- Significantly economic advantages over traditional slate.
- Lightweight – easy, pre-drilled installation, without special training or handling.
- Life expectancy of over 60 years.
- Made from cellulose & synthetic fibres blended with Portland cement.
- Durable, semi-matt, tinted acrylic face – effective binder on the back.
- Product Code: 13603011307.
- Manufacturer: Cembrit.
- Cembrit Moorland Product Guide.
- Size: 600 x 600mm (a 600 x 300mm slate is also available).
- Colour: Blue-black.
- Complies with BS EN 492.
- BBA Certificate No. 03/4041.
- Suitable for a roof pitch of >20°.
- Fibre Cement Datasheet.
As with all fibre cement slates, manufacturers recommend the use of copper nails and copper disc rivets for fixing.
Due to the close fitting nature of fibre cement slates, in accoradance to BS5250, ventilation of the roof space is required (normally at eaves and at high level). The easiest way to achieve this is to install eaves vents and dry ridge systems.
Ashbrook Roofing offers FREE or EXPRESS delivery to United Kingdom postcodes excluding the Highlands, Islands and Ireland.
Delivery expectation for orders placed before 2.00pm are:
- Standard (FREE): 2-3 working days
- Express (£5.00): Next working day
Prior to shipment, we’ll let you know of our estimated date of delivery. Don’t worry if you have made other plans or find this inconvenient. If you can let us know a day in advance we’ll work with you to find a better alternative.
And remember, if you need help, have any concerns or if you need a delivery extra quickly, simply give our customer service team a call on 01629 828500, or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll do our very best to help.