Cembrit Westerland: 60cm x 30cm
- Buy 2000 for £1.57 Inc. VAT each and save 3%
- Buy 4000 for £1.53 Inc. VAT each and save 6%
The Cembrit Westerland Fibre Cement Slates (60cm x 30cm) tick all of the boxes when looking for an economic alternative to natural, rugged roofing slate. This durable, man-made roofing tile has the authentic surface texture and dressed edges of traditional slates, along with a 60+ year life expectancy.
Cembrit Westerland single-size, 60 x 30cm slate is available in a traditional dark blue-black colour. The cost is significantly less than the equivalent natural slate.
This modern material is a roofer’s dream, being pre-drilled, lightweight and easy to cut, using the familiar scribing and straight-edge breaking techniques. Estimation, fixing, and working methods are all standard, following the guidelines of the widely understood codes of practice, BS 5534 and BS 8000.
The traditional appearance of these modern, slates is achieved by combining a mix of cellulose and synthetic fibres with Portland cement. A surface finish of naturally coloured acrylic provides weatherproofing and durability which is fully compliant with the BS EN 492 standard for fibre-cement slates and fittings. The manufacturing process is monitored by UKAS to maintain compliance with the QA standard, BS EN ISO 9001 and environmental certification to BS EN ISO 14001.
This impressive, BRE listed product offers the potential to achieve an A+ ‘Green Guide’ environmental rating.
Features & benefits:
- Rugged, textured appearance with dressed edges.
- Significantly less expensive than traditional slate.
- Lightweight, pre-drilled & easy to install without special training or handling.
- 60+ years life expectancy.
- Made from combined synthetic/cellulose fibres & Portland cement.
- Durable, coloured & textured acrylic face – coated with binder on the back.
- Product Code: 14603011307.
- Manufacturer: Cembrit.
- Cembrit Westerland Product Guide.
- Size: 60 x 30cm (a 60 x 60cm slate is also available).
- Colours: Blue-black.
- Avg. Weight: around 20 kg/sq.m (dependent on pitch).
- Complies with BS EN 492.
- BBA Certificate No. 03/4041.
- Coverage: 14 slates / m2.
- Minimum roof pitch as low as 20°.
- Fibre Cement Datasheet.
As with all fibre cement slates, manufacturers recommend the use of copper nails and copper disc rivets for fixing.
Due to the close fitting nature of fibre cement slates, in accoradance to BS5250, ventilation of the roof space is required (normally at eaves and at high level). The easiest way to achieve this is to install eaves vents and dry ridge systems.
Kindly note that the Westerland slates have a 5-7 working day delivery lead-time.
Ashbrook Roofing offers FREE or EXPRESS delivery to United Kingdom postcodes excluding the Highlands, Islands and Ireland.
Delivery expectation for orders placed before 2.00pm are:
- Standard (FREE): 2-3 working days
- Express (£5.00): Next working day
Prior to shipment, we’ll let you know of our estimated date of delivery. Don’t worry if you have made other plans or find this inconvenient. If you can let us know a day in advance we’ll work with you to find a better alternative.
And remember, if you need help, have any concerns or if you need a delivery extra quickly, simply give our customer service team a call on 01629 828500, or email email@example.com and we'll do our very best to help.