IKO Solar Reflective Aluminium Paint, 5ltr
IKO Solar Reflective Aluminium Paint (5ltr)helps to reduce solar heat gain and prolongs the life of a metal or bitumen-based roof covering.
The aluminium particles in this waterproof, bituminous paint reflect the harmful UV rays and heat coming from bright sunshine. As well as causing sunburn in humans, UV rays can also prematurely age and degrade bitumen-based roofing materials.
Once thoroughly stirred this paint is best applied with a standard foam roller or a soft broom. IKO recommend two coats, with a 24 hour drying period between each coat.
Features & benefits:
- This 5ltr tin will provide 2 coats of about 15 to 20m2 on a smooth surface.
- Use on metal or bitumen-based roof coverings to create a waterproof, heat and UV reflecting surface.
- Reduces the ageing effects of solar radiation to prolong the life of bituminous roof coverings.
- Not compatible with mastic asphalt roofing or coal tar bitumen.
- Reduces solar heat gain on dark coloured roofs.
- Easy application with a soft broom or roller.
- Composition: Butuminous paint with suspended aluminium pigment.
- Brand: IKO.
- Contents: 5ltr Tin.
- Coverage: 6 to 8m2 / litre (on a smooth surface).
- Shelf Life: 2 years in sealed tin.
- Colour: Silver.
- IKO Product Code: MW943205.
Buyers notes:The IKO Solar Reflective Aluminium Paint is also available from Ashbrook Roofing Supplies in a larger, 25ltr tin.
An IKO Solar Reflective Aluminium Paint Datasheet can be found in the downloads tab.
Ashbrook Roofing offers FREE or EXPRESS delivery to United Kingdom postcodes excluding the Highlands, Islands and Ireland.
Delivery expectation for orders placed before 2.00pm are:
- Economy (FREE): 3-5 working days
- Express: Next working day
Prior to shipment, we’ll let you know of our estimated date of delivery. Don’t worry if you have made other plans or find this inconvenient. If you can let us know a day in advance we’ll work with you to find a better alternative.
And remember, if you need help, have any concerns or if you need a delivery extra quickly, simply give our customer service team a call on 01629 828500, or email email@example.com and we'll do our very best to help.