Marley Birkdale (60cm x 60cm)
The Marley Birkdale, the versatile fibre cement roofing slate featuring a smooth surface and realistic, dressed edges. Available in a traditional blue-black colour option, the overall effect is exceptionally authentic.
Birkdale pre-drilled slate is lighter than a traditionally quarried slate, and also easier to work – without wet cutting. The slate can be scored and snapped over a straight edge, or cut with a 3.5mm toothed hacksaw.
Here is a fixing guide for these slates: Marley Birkdale Fibre Cement Slates Fixing Guide.
Marley Birkdale slate is manufactured from a blend of Portland cement and water, mixed with synthetic and natural fibres.
Features & benefits:
- Smooth surface finish with dressed edges.
- An affordable alternative to traditional slate.
- Lightweight & pre-drilled for easy fixing.
- Minimum pitch of 15º with hook fixing.
- Proven to deliver 60+ years life expectancy.
- Manufactured from mixed Portland cement, water, natural & man-made fibres.
- UV resistant acrylic face – wax coating on back.
- Product Code: 1404.
- Manufacturer: Marley Eternit.
- Size: 60 x 60cm (a 60cm x 30cm slate is also available).
- Colour: Blue-Black.
- Avg. Guideline Weight: 20.5 kg/sq.m (dependent on pitch/lap).
- Meets BS EN 492.
- ‘Very Good’ BES 6001 (Responsible Sourcing) rating, can achieve 3 credits.
- Fully recyclable, with a low carbon footprint of 13 CO2e/m2.
- The slate is recyclable.
- Fibre Cement Datasheet.
Due to the close fitting nature of fibre cement slates, in accoradance to BS5250, ventilation of the roof space is required (normally at eaves and at high level). The easiest way to achieve this is to install eaves vents and dry ridge systems.
Ashbrook Roofing offers FREE or EXPRESS delivery to United Kingdom postcodes excluding the Highlands, Islands and Ireland.
Delivery expectation for orders placed before 2.00pm are:
- Economy (FREE): 3-5 working days
- Express: Next working day
Prior to shipment, we’ll let you know of our estimated date of delivery. Don’t worry if you have made other plans or find this inconvenient. If you can let us know a day in advance we’ll work with you to find a better alternative.
And remember, if you need help, have any concerns or if you need a delivery extra quickly, simply give our customer service team a call on 01629 828500, or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll do our very best to help.