Permavent Easy Slate
Easy Slate System
These strips of Permavent Easy Slate can dramatically increase the performance of either natural, or fibre cement roofing. These strips enable roof slates to be installed on roof pitches as low as 12 degrees. Easy Slate is particularly effective against wind-driven rain on roofs with a low pitch.
The perpendicular join (perp join) between lapped slates has long been recognised as the most likely source of water ingress on a slate roof. Natural capillary action, low roof pitches and high winds can all result in rainwater entering the roof. Over time this can lead to nail rot and saturated battens. Easy Slate is designed to tackle each of these problems.
Permavent’s Easy Slate is manufactured in the form of flexible plastic strips. The strips are fitted behind each perp join, carefully following the manufacturer’s guidelines. This seals the perp join and creates a 1mm air gap behind each slate. The result is a significant increase in effective headlap. Water ingress from capillary action is eliminated and free air flow between the tiles is dramatically increased.
The Easy Slate system offers a number of performance advantages over a traditional slate roofing installation –, particularly for low pitched roofs. In a BRE 50-year storm test of fibre cement slates fitted with Easy Slate strips, the installation was found to be 100% watertight. The test was run on a roof pitch of 12.5 degrees!
Features & benefits:
- Provides a 200 to 500% increases the resistance of roofing slate’s resistance to wind-driven rain.
- Can be used on roof pitches as low as 12 degrees.
- Suitable for both natural and fibre cement slates.
- Provides additional ventilation which improves the performance of a breather membrane.
- Reduces wind rattle, slippage and broken slates.
- Manufactured in the form of rubberised strips, with in-built flexible seals.
- One strip required per slate.
- Permavent Easy Slate Fitting Instructions.
- Brand: Permavent Ltd.
- Size: 500mm or 600mm.
- Quantity: 20, 40, 60, 80 and 100.
- Colour: Black.
- Standard: BRE tested to prEN 15601.
These Permavent Easy Slate are available to buy in different pack sizes. One strip is required for each slate on the roof.
Delivery expectation for orders placed before 2.00pm are:
- Standard (FREE): 2-3 working days
- Express (£5.00): Next working day