Premium Flexible Lead Slate (Standard)
This Premium Flexible Lead Slate (Standard) provides a no-fuss solution for fitting a weather-proof seal to the base of a rooftop soil stack pipe or flue. The fitting is formed from a vulcanised, neoprene seal which is firmly bonded to a sheet of Code 4 lead. The neoprene can be cut to form a tight-fitting, waterproof seal at the junction between the roof and pipe.
These ‘standard’ slates are suitable for use on slate, tile or felt-covered roofs with a pitch from 0 (flat) to 30 degrees. Measuring 450 x 450mm, the flexibility of the lead makes this an adaptable pipework sealing solution that is quick and easy to fit. The neoprene seal is even pre-marked with compatible pipe sizes, ranging from 25 to 125mm. Vulcanised neoprene is suitable for sealing flue pipes running with outer wall temperatures up to 100 degrees C.
To ensure a sound, water-tight seal we advise that you cut the neoprene at a marked groove diameter which is slightly smaller than the width of the soil pipe or flue. For easy fitting, rub a little washing-up liquid around the cut before sliding the neoprene over the pipe. Application of patination oil to the lead flashing will prevent early oxidation – but take care to keep the oil off the neoprene seal.
Our standard, Premium Flexible Lead Slates are manufactured by roofing specialists, Premium Roofing Products Ltd. The company has a longstanding reputation for quality. These adaptable roof flashings have a life expectancy of more than 20 years.
Features & benefits:
- Water-tight sealing solution for soil pipes and flues penetrating the roof.
- Suitable for tile, slate or felt roofs with pitches of 0 to 30 degrees.
- Neoprene seal can be cut for pipe diameters of 25mm to 125mm.
- Flexible, tile-sized, lead sheet base can be moulded for neat, easy fitting.
- Life expectancy of more than 20 years.
- Manufacture: Code 4 lead slate with a bonded, conical neoprene seal.
- Product Code: N/A.
- Brand: Premium Roofing Products Ltd.
- Size: 450mm x 450mm base. Seals pipes from 25mm to 125mm.
- Max Temperature: Not to exceed continuous 100 degrees C.
- Colour: Natural lead base with black, neoprene pipework seal.
- Weight: Around 4kg.
- Standards: BS EN 12588.
- Fully recyclable.
Use patination oil to slow down unsightly oxidation of the flexible lead slate. Ensure that the oil doesn’t come into contact with the neoprene seal.
Ashbrook Roofing offers FREE or EXPRESS delivery to United Kingdom postcodes excluding the Highlands, Islands and Ireland.
Delivery expectation for orders placed before 2.00pm are:
- Economy (FREE): 3-5 working days
- Express: Next working day
Prior to shipment, we’ll let you know of our estimated date of delivery. Don’t worry if you have made other plans or find this inconvenient. If you can let us know a day in advance we’ll work with you to find a better alternative.
And remember, if you need help, have any concerns or if you need a delivery extra quickly, simply give our customer service team a call on 01629 828500, or email email@example.com and we'll do our very best to help.